I don’t really check this xanga and have email alerts turned off, so if you want to get in touch with me, please contact me through my personal blog. Thanks!
I’m back from my 5 days in LA! The time just flew by because I was so busy taking care of my parents’ sick pets and running errands. I didn’t really have an appetite unfortunately because I was so stressed out, but my parents still managed to get me to eat a decent amount. If I ate as much as they wanted me to, there would be twice as many pics!
1 & 2) fresh fruit from the local farmer’s market 3) roasted sweet potato
1) kimchi jjigae (kimchi stew) with pork 2) chung gook jang (soy bean stew) with beef
1) ggeneep (perilla leaves) from Korea, 2) moo mallengee (dried, seasoned radish) from Korea 3) chonggak kimchi
of course everything is on Corelle dishes which every Korean family owns…
1) kimchi 2) mool kimchi, 3) she-geum-chi moochim (seasoned spinach)
1) kong gooksoo (soybean broth noodles) 2) ggori gomtang (oxtail soup)
our backyard (my dad built and planted everything himself)
koi pond and waterfall
My dad and uncle enjoying bbq and soju inside the hut. My dad is the one sporting the BYC nan-neeng-goo (wifebeater).
Peppers drying on the hut roof.
Some flowers and plants in the backyard…
Dweji galbi (spicy marinated pork ribs) and galbi (marinated beef spareribs) grilled on aluminum foil straight up Korean style.
1) my homemade carne asada tacos & hot sauce 2) raw garlic (which I ate a ton of since Mr. Bee didn’t come with me!)
1) ddukboki (spicy rice cake) 2) ojinguh (dried squid) from Busan, Korea (as fresh as it gets!)
The main course: jindos.
Jack (the black one) is Coco’s dad. They’re truly inseparable and are such smart, good dogs. I miss them already!
1) junbok jook (ababalone porridge) 2) t-bone steak & baked potato w/ A1 & soy sauce w/ gochugaroo (red pepper flakes) as dipping sauces
1) diy california rolls w/ miso soup 2) ee myun soo (fish)
1) seaweed from Korea 2) live octopus 3) haesam (sea cucumber)
ps – I didn’t eat the octopus or sea cucumber.
Everything above was homemade… this is some food I ate out…
1) Mongolian bbq 2) mool nengmyun
1) crab fried rice 2) papaya salad
ce fiore yogurt with mochi, strawberry & kiwi (similar to pinkberry)
And dun dun dun…. the dreaded boyak. I have to take this for a month for my many ailments.